Kuala Lumpur, Sep 5 (IANS) The toll in a boat-capsize off the western coast of Malaysia in the Malacca Straits rose to 24 on Saturday while authorities continue their search and rescue operation for the missing immigrants, media reported.
Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA) Klang chief First Admiral Mohd Aliyas Hamdan said that about 400 rescuers in nine boats and two aircrafts set off from Hutan Melintang town, the Malaysian Star reported.
“So far, its nothing we can’t handle. We’ll continue the search until we are positive all the victims have been recovered,” he said.
The boat enroute to Indonesia carrying about 70 migrants capsized on Thursday. So far, only 20 have been rescued.