Man dies after electric shock from factory robot

Gurgaon, Aug 12 (IANS) A 23-year-old employee of a factory in Manesar near Gurgaon died on Wednesday after receiving an electric shock when he came in contact with a robot, police said.

“G. Ram was working in the robot area of the SKH Metals factory when he accidentally came in contact with a robot and received an electric shock,” said Kuldeep Janghu, secretary general of Maruti Udyog Kamgar Union.

The factory, located in the Tau Devi Lal Industrial Model Township in Manesar, deals with the steel requirements of automotive industries.

G. Ram, who hailed from Uttar Pradesh, was a contractual worker employed in the factory for nearly two years.

He was rushed to a hospital in Manesar but was declared dead by doctors.

“The company management and the contractor have been booked on charges of causing death due to negligence,” Assistant Commissioner of Police Rajesh Kuwar told IANS.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here