Man Reveals ATM Details, Gets Cheated at Two Banks
Udupi: In spite of regular media reports and cautions, bank account-holders continue to commit the indiscretion of revealing their bank details to strangers calling on phone and claiming to the top bank officers.
Harish Hebbar (32), a resident of Chantaru near Brahmavar, received a call from a man claiming to be calling from the head office of Canara Bank, since he had held an account with its Brahmavar branch. The caller asked him to give his ATM card details and he gave them in good faith.
Later on, when he went to the bank to draw money, he found that out of the earlier balance of Rs 1,14,017 only a sum of Rs 13,325 was left. Rs 1,00,692 had been fraudulently withdrawn.
A shocked Hebbar called the same number and the man from the other side asked him to give details of another bank account. Hebbar gave the details of his account with Syndicate Bank. After a short while, when he checked his balance there, only a sum of Rs 66-83 had been left of the total balance of Rs 6,659-83.
Hebbar has filed a complaint in this matter at the Brahmavar police station. The police have felt that instead of calling the same number back, he could have complained first and given the caller’s number, which would have saved the second amount while also making the tracing of the caller easier.
- Getting Wiser from Others’ Experience – Attempt to Hack ATM Card Account Dodged
- City’s Cops Go on Hot Trail of Online Fraudsters, Caution on Identity Theft
- Puttur: Take Care! Casual Attitude with ATM Cards can PIN You down!
- Gangolli Resident Reveals ATM Details to Fraudster and Loses Rs 22,636!
- Mangaluru: Two Account-holders Lose Money after Revealing Passwords to Unknown Callers
- Manipal: Bank Account of MIT Student from Chennai Hacked – Rs 45,000 Siphoned off
- Mangaluru: Medical Student Loses Rs 14,000 in Fraudulent Internet Bank Withdrawal
- Mangaluru: Account-holder Loses Rs 18,000 in ATM Card Trickery
- Mangaluru: Malaysian Medical Student Loses Rs 1.18 Lakh in Debit Card Cloning Fraud
- Bantwal: Getting Wiser from Others’ Experience – Attempt to Hack ATM Card Account Dodged
- Bengaluru: Latest Victim of ATM Card Trickery is None Other Than State’s Police Chief Himself!
- Karkala: Man Tricked into Revealing ATM PIN – Amount Withdrawn from Account