Mangaluru: State Minister for Health and Family Welfare U T Khader held a press meet at the Circuit House here, on February 13.
Addressing the mediapersons, Khader said, “Global Wellness Meet 2016, an international conference on Ayurveda, Unani, Yoga and Naturopathy will be held on 26, 27 and 28 February at palace grounds in Bengaluru. The meet is held to mark the occasion of golden jubilee celebration of Karnataka Ayurvedic and Unani Practitioner’s (KAUP) Board.”
As a part of the meet, an yoga camp will be held to spread awareness on February 14 at the same venue. The yoga session will be held under the guidance of Anand Guruji, where leaders from all communities will be present. “We aim to break the existing record of highest number of participants performing yoga at once. The current record is 35896 which is held by Delhi for the yoga done on the international yoga day. Anyone can participate and registrations will be taken on the spot from 2 PM onwards. We also will commence building a Dhanvantri Statue at the venue. It will be the tallest statue in India, breaking yet another record,” Khader said.
The meet will be inaugurated by the Chief Minister and AYUSH ministers from the centre and state will be present. Leaders of SAARC nations and King of Bali will also attend the international level meet. Six seminar halls are constructed for an estimated 25000 delegates. “Unique method for applying Allopathy and Ayurveda to cure illnesses will be discussed. A job fair for students of AYUSH will be held too. Food related to AYUSH will be served in the food courts and about 300 companies will participate in the AYUSH expo,” Khader added.
KAUP Board President, Dr Sathyamoorthy Bhat said that for the commemoration of this event, Ayurjyothi Rathyatra was flagged off on December 14 by the CM. “The Rath went across the state to each town and city. Unique Pooja were held by many dignitaries when the Rath passed along their way. In the coastal region, Pejawar Shri and Veerendra Heggade performed Pooja. The Rath spread awareness about the lifestyle diseases to about 1.5 crore people,” he added.
Speaking about the law on organ donation, Khader said, “Currently the laws are a little tough when dealing with organ donation. We may feel that the law deprives many of the lifesaving organs, but it is not so. A lot of thought has been given when franking such laws, so that donated organs are not misused. After the elections, we will hold a meet to make the laws a little flexible within legal frame. Also since foreign countries lack cadavers, the excess cadavers could be given to those nations.”
When asked about Siddaramaiah’s expensive watch controversy, Khader said, “CM has ruled the state from the past 3 years without any accusation against him. Now the opposition is just trying to use small and silly issues for political gains. People still have faith in their CM.”
Highlights of The Global Wellness Meet 2016
– Global Exhibition-Expo. Of Ayurveda, Unani, Yoga and Naturopathy Industries.
– International Seminar on Global Wellness.
– International Business Meet.
– Health Tourism and Indian Systems of Medicine.
– Rural health care through Indian Systems of Medicine.
– AYU Free Health Consultations from Renowned Physicians.
– Alumni meet for Indian Systems of Medicine Colleges of Karnataka.
– Pre-conference workshop and cultural programs.
– Public awareness programs like Home Remedies, Ayurveda ethnic food carnival.
– “Ayur Jyothi” Ratha Yatra covering 5,000 kms all districts of Karnataka. Reaching all Indian Systems of Medicine colleges.
– More than 250 paper presentations on various themes.
– Poster presentations on successful clinical practice.
– Medicinal plants expo.
– Udyog Mela for Indian Systems of Medicine doctors.
– Loan Mela for ISM students and Professionals through banks.
– Expo. to be visited by more than 7 lakh people and 20,000 delegates where more than 15,000 ISM practitioners will grace the occasion for the first time in Ayush Mela. CULTURAL PROGRAM projecting various Indian Traditions 4.00 pm to 8.00 pm 1st & 2nd Day.