Mangaluru: It is not only ironical but has also been a dangerous trend that the social media, which are aimed at bringing together people of different nationalities and cultures, are becoming tools to create rift among communities, esp., in India.
In the latest case reported, one Sukhit Shetty is reported to have posted a cartoon prophet Muhammed Mustafa in Facebook. He is also said to have added derogatory comments on the revered personality.
Until last reports came in, complaints have been filed against Shetty at least in three police stations in the districts, namely, Mangaluru, Sullia and Vittal.
The complainants have said that it is part of a grand plan to create communal unrest and create fissure between communities, while all of them have been living in peace and harmony for a long time.
They have also urged the police to track the culprit, who posted the malicious contents on a page carrying the title ‘Diamond Swad Putry’.
Dangerous Trend – No End?
- Udupi: Abuse of Facebook Continues – Young Woman Complains of Account Cloning
- Hassan: Complaint against Cop for Posting Morphed Pic of Yeddy on Facebook
- Bengaluru: Social Media and Sick Minds – Journo Chetana Tirthahalli’s Complaint to Police
- Beltangady: Facebook Post on Woman Lands Muguli Resident behind Bars
- Mangaluru: 17-year-old Girl from City Complains of Facebook Abuse
- Mangaluru: Complaint over Facebook Slur on Sharan Pumpwell and Others
- Puttur: Student Booked for Derogatory Post on Prophet in Social Media
- Sullia: Slur against CM on WhatsApp – Complaint against Revenue Dept Employee
- Bangalore: Facebook Slur – V R Bhat Reportedly Absconding – Four Police Teams on Manhunt
- Mangalore: Malicious Facebook Post against Activist N Prabha Draws Statewide Flak
- Mangaluru: Facebook Abuse: Complaint Filed against 3 for Libellous Comments against Mangalorean.com
- Bengaluru: Facebook Slur – Dinesh Amin Mattu Files Complaint to Police
- Mulki: College Lecturer with No Account Becomes Victim of Fake Facebook Profile
- Kundapur: Journalist Complaints against Duo for Libellous Post in Facebook
- Mangalore: Facebook Abuse – False News about Jesuit Priest’s Demise Circulated
- Udupi: Another Cybercrime Surfaces – Man Booked for Fake Profile
- Mangalore: Complaint Filed against Duo for Uploading Malicious Material on Facebook
- Mangalore: ‘Fakebook’ Profiles Continue to be Created
- Kundapur: Another Case of ‘Fakebook’ Profile Reported
- Manipal: Ugly Face of Cybercrime – Woman Complains of Facebook Impersonation