Mangaluru: It is simply baffling to come across the cases of citizens wearing expensive gold ornaments while moving around alone or in secluded places and losing them to snatchers.
The instances take place over and over in spite of reports and police cautions. If earlier such incidents were taking place in cities and towns, now the menace is spreading to suburbs and rural areas, this time in Thokur on the outskirts.
Two youngsters arrived in a motorbike and snatched two gold chains worth six sovereign from the neck of Nirmala Rao, who was walking towards home on Pejawar Math road in Thokur village earlier this week.
The value of the two chains is said to be Rs 1.20 lakh. A complaint has been filed in Panambur police station.
Never-ending ‘chain’ of snatching incidents!
- Mangaluru: Same Old Story! Woman’s Rs 42,000-worth Gold ChainSnatched by Bike-riders
- Kundapur: Daylight Chain-snatching in Tallur and Bhatkal – Handiwork of Same Bikers?
- Mangaluru: Woman Loses 6-and-a-half Sovereign Chain to Snatcher on Vithoba Road
- Mangaluru: Asking for Drinking Water, Stranger Snatches Senior Woman’s Gold Chain
- Mangaluru: Pandeshwar Police Arrest Chain Snatcher Edwin Dinesh
- Bantwal: Bike-riders Snatch Chain from Woman, Only to Find it to be an Imitation Piece!
- Mangaluru: Shiva Bagh a Favourite Target for Chain-snatchers? Another Incident Proves So…
- Mangaluru: Chain of Gold-snatching Cases Continues – Another Instance in Shiva Bagh
- Mangaluru: Two More Chain-snatching Cases – When will Women Learn a Valuable Lesson?
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching
Incidents Continue in City – Woman Loses Gold Worth Rs 4.80 Lakh
- Mangaluru: Two Incidents in City Confirm an Alarming Rise in Chain-snatching Activity
- Mangaluru: Bikers Wanted to Know the Way, but SnatchedWoman’sChain away!