Mangaluru: Dr Shivarama Karanth Pilikula Biological Park, located at Moodushedde on the outskirts, will hold competitions to mark the World Tiger Day this month.
Collage-making and essay-writing competitions will be held for three categories – primary students, high school students and college students. The theme for both is “Save the tigers before they are silenced forever”.
Collages should drawn on drawing sheets. Essays, not exceeding 1,500 words, can be written in English or Kannada.
Entries should reach the director, Pilikula Biological Park, Moodushedde,Vamanjoor, Mangaluru 5750 28 on or before July 25, 2015. The name, address and phone number of the participant and the name of the school should be mentioned in a separate page attached to the entry.
The valedictory function and prize-distribution ceremony will be held on at the Pilikula Biological Park on July 29. The first and second prize winners in each category will be provided with free entrance pass to the park which will be valid for a year, besides prizes and certificates.
All participants will receive a participation certificate and be briefed on the importance of saving the tigers.
For further information, 0824-2263300, +91 99801 87057.
- Mangaluru: ‘Vasantotsava’ in Pilikula Park – A Chance for Growers, Traders to Promote Produce
- Mangaluru: Rare Mouse-deer Found Astray Lands in Safe Hands in New Home in Pilikula
- Mangaluru: Tiny Mouse-deer Fawn Rescued, Being Brought to Pilikula Park for Tending
- Mangaluru: Pilikula Park to Remain Open All through the Weeks in April and May
- Mangalore: Two Bubbly Tiger Cubs to Greet Visitors at Pilikula Zoo – Total Rises to 11
- Mangalore: Addition of Two More to Pilikula Park Makes it a Dozen of Leopard League!
- Mangalore: Jumbos from Pilikula to Take Part in Dasara Procession
- Mangalore: Serpent Population at Pilikula Zoo up with Birth of 36 King Cobras
- Mangalore: Rare Reptiles Arrive at Pilikula Biological Park
- Mangalore: Pilikula Animal Population Rises with Arrival of Two Sloth Bears
- Mangalore: Now onwards, It’s Dr Shivaram Karantha Pilikula Nisargadhama
- Mangalore: It’s More the Merrier at Pilikula – Any Addition to Cat Population is Welcome!
- Mangalore: German Deputy Consul General Visits Pilikula
- Mangalore: This Chirpy, Perky Leopard Cub is Everyone’s Darling at Pilikula!
- Mangalore: Pilikula Jungle Lodges -Tourism Gets a Boost
- Mangalore: Artisan Village of Pilikula – A Varietable Fare
- Mangalore: ‘Kinni’ is Born – Pilikula Rejoices at the New Arrival
- Mangalore: Fishing Day at Pilikula – Carps Come in Plenty
- Mangalore: Pilikula Park – Perched for Higher Growth in Near Future
- Mangalore: Kambla, Guttu House and Rural Fair Complete the Picture of Heritage Village in Pilikula
- Mangalore: Colourful Flower Show at Pilikula Nature Park
- Mangalore: Pilikula Park has New Guests Now!
- Mangalore: Flowers Say It All… at Pilikula Nisargadhama