Mangaluru: Deputy Commissioner A B Ibrahim launched an unique software by Dakshina Kannada Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Limited (DKMU) called ‘Milkosoft’ and its android app with a click of the mouse, at the KMF Auditorium Kulashekar here, on February 1.
Prior to the inauguration, DC Ibrahim was felicitated with a shawl and a memento. Delivering his inaugural address, Ibrahim said, “There was a revolution in 60’s and 70’s which gave us Karnataka Milk Federation which has 13 unions under it, of which DKMUL ranks number 1 in the entire state.”
Ibrahim said that the upgrade in technology was necessary and he gave examples of state owned companies like HMT and Mysore Lamp Works, which had crippled under the pressure of competition as they couldn’t bring any revolutionary changes. “This platform should not be limited only to milk and its products but should include fruits and vegetables in the future as well,” he added.
Director of the co-operative, Dr B V Satyanarayana said, “We used to receive about 2400 calls every day from the dealers to order the milk products and they faced a lot of inconvenience in doing so as we just had 3 lines. This software will help them to order KMF products in a matter of 10 seconds.”
President of DKMU, Raviraj Hegde said, “DKMU is the first district co-operative milk union, to launch Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) a cloud based technology, to give the farmer Rs 30.11 per litre of milk with an additional of Rs 4 from the government and in the coming March we plan to come up with ‘flexi-packets’.
Most organizations across the world have realized that in a Rapidly changing environment, it is impossible to create and maintain a custom designed software package, which will cater to all the requirements and also be completely up-to-date. Realizing the requirement of the DKMU, Management has decided to design an ERP which will look after an integrated software solution to all the functions like, procurement, processing, storage, marketing and accounts etc.
The ERP solution seeks to streamline and integrate operation process and information flows in the organization to synergize the resources of the organization, namely men-material, money and machine through information. Due to the high cost involvement, implementation of an ERP package was possible only for very large multinational company.
Now DKMU being the No 1 Milk Union of the State has taken a bold step to implement the High End solution at a cost of Rs 1.47 crore on Cloud Technology housing Hardware(servers) at robust Data Center in following area :
Procurement of Milk at DCS through Automated Milk Collection Unit from farmer members and all routine activities/accounting of the DCS. Milk procurement at Bulk Milk Cooler/Chilling Center/Dairy through Automation and related Procurement and Input Activities linking Camp offices, GPS tracking of Milk Tankers/Officers etc., ending with payment and accounting.
Milk and Milk Product, Production and Accounting including interfacing of various machineries in order to capture live data for monitoring and controlling routine activities of the Plant.
Marketing and Distribution of Milk and Milk Products with automated receiving of supply order through Phone/Internet/Mobile App and payment through Debit, Credit cards, Internet Banking. Analyzing/Monitoring the activities through Google map etc.,
This ERP software solution has following advantages:
- ERP facilitate Union vide integrated system covering all key functional areas like procurement, manufacturing, selling and distribution, Finance and Accounts etc.
- ERP performs core corporate activities and increase customer service and thereby augmenting the corporate image.
- ERP bridges the information gap across the organization.
- ERP provides business intelligence tools like decision support systems, earl warning systems, executive information systems for enabling the organization to make better decisions and thus improve the milk marketing and other activities of the company.
Facilities created in the Mobile App:
- Farmer/DCS can access the milk supply details like weight, quality parameters like CLR, FAT, Rate and parameters.
- Dealers can indent for milk and milk products from the Mobile App
- Indent can be revised any number of times within the specified time.
- Details of transactions can be viewed for the past 30 days.
- Rate list can be browsed immediately.
- Details of Security Deposits, dues can be viewed every time at the time of indenting.
- Details of payments either through cheque, cash, RTGs can be viewed separately.
- Stock position of milk and milk products can be viewed.
- Supply vehicle movement can tracked easily.
- Kaup Diwakar Shetty, B K Salim, Dr T Thippeswami and many dealers were also present.