Mangaluru: The Grand Finale of Dance Mummy Dance, a dance competition for mothers organised by Namma TV Channel, was held at the Loyola Hall, St Aloysius premises here, on July 15.
The programme began with an invocation. Naveen Shetty from Namma TV welcomed the gathering.
First runner-up in Dance India Dance Super Moms Season 2, popularly known as ‘Entertainment Factory’, ‘Female Govinda’ Sowmya Shree was the chief guest.
The programme was inaugurated by the main sponsor Anitha Rodrigues by lighting the traditional lamp along with other dignitaries.
Kannada and Tulu actor Rupesh Kini performed his dance for the song ‘Porlu’. After the performance, addressing the gathering Rupesh said, “A mother is very precious in everyone’s life. She treats her children equally. Hats off to my mother and also to all the mothers who are toiling hard to see their children happy in life”. He also congratulated all the 8 mothers who reached the finals.
Addressing the gathering, organizer Saujanya Hegde said, “The contribution to the society by women is tremendous. But they are hardly recognized for their service. Mothers do the house work, take care of their children and also work outside to meet the needs of the family. They bring glory to the society as well as to the country at national and international levels. Some mothers do not get the opportunity to exhibit their talents, so I thought of organizing something unique for the mothers who wanted to exhibit their talents. Mothers of age 20 to 70 years participated in the audition and they did really well. Mothers who are 20 years of age, after looking at the energy in 70 year old mothers, had to work hard to give their best in the competition. We finally selected the best 8 mothers for the grand finale”. She wished all the contestants the very best.
She further said that all the 8 mothers who are in the finals are very good dancers and the judges found it very difficult to judge the winners.
The judges of the day were Cornel Rodrigues, Deekshitha Acharya and Arun Alva.
Sowmya Shree performed at the end of the programme and mesmerized the audience. Sowmya Shree announced the winners of the day and handed over the trophy and cash prizes to the winners. The winners of the Dance Mummy Dance are:
1st place – Manjula Kamath
2nd place – Vinaya
3rd place – Suma
Rupesh Kini and Soujanya Hegde compered the programme. Chairman of Namma TV Dr Shivsharan, Praveen Puttur, Devika and others were also present.
- Mangaluru: Entertainment Factory Sowmya Shree Shares her Experience of ‘DID Super Moms Season 2′
- Mumbai: Govinda Peps up Zee TV Show’s Chikkamagaluru Contestant with a Kannada Song!
More articles by Violet Pereira
- Mangalore: A tete-a-tete with Suniel Shetty
- Darshan: Heartthrob Of Kannada Films
- Aditya: A Rising Star of Kannada Film Industry
- Fr. Walter Albuquerque-King of Konkani Hymns
- A good Samaritan will make a good Leader
- Jackie Shroff adds glamour to Hospital inauguration in Mangalore
- Mangaluru: Dayakar Bangera Needs a New Roof over His Walls
- Mangaluru: Rachana Felicitates Violet Pereira, Corrine Rasquinha and Veronica Cornelio on Women’s Day
- Mangaluru: KKBM Felicitates Violet Pereira and Dr Usha on Women’s Day
- Karkala: Karnataka Mahila Award Conferred on Violet Pereira During Beladingala Sahitya Sammelana
- Mangaluru: District Administration Felicitates 30 Achievers on Rajyotsava
- Mangalore: Violet Pereira of mangalorean.com, Balepuni Among 30 district-level Rajyotsava Awardees
- Mangalore: Lions Club Felicitates Ln Violet Pereira of Mangalorean.com on Helen Keller’s Day
- Mangalore: Fatima Education Trust Reaches out to Two Needy Students
- Mangalore: Reality Check: An Ordinary Mishap, but Many Issues that Cropped up
- Mangalore: Lucky Escape for Dog & his Master While a Speeding Bus Hits Their Vehicle
- Mangalore: Woman with Child Found Drunk near Central Railway Station – Both Rescued
- Mangalore: Human Life has No Value – Man Left to Die near Railway Station, How Sad!
- Mangalore: White Doves’ Relief to Man in Agony of Old Age and Abandonment
- Mangalore: White Doves Need Help to Trace Geeta Thapa’s Folks in Nepal
- Mangalore: Geeta Thapa Reunites with Family in Nepal, Courtesy White Doves