Mangaluru: Dress Shop Catches Fire at Hampankatta – Estimated Loss Rs 30 Lakh

Mangaluru: A fire broke out in Bharath Collections at Market Road, near the Vegetable Market, Hampankatta due to an electrical short circuit here on September 2.

market-road-shop-fire-20150902-002 market-road-shop-fire-20150902-003 market-road-shop-fire-20150902 market-road-shop-fire-20150902-001

According to sources, the fire broke out following a short circuit in the electric wiring. The goods which were stored in the shop were gutted in the fire.

fire-02092015 (1) fire-02092015 (2) fire-02092015 (4) fire-02092015 (8) fire-02092015 (12) fire-02092015 (20) fire-02092015 (21) fire-02092015 (26) fire-02092015 (30) fire-02092015 (32)

The shop belongs to Hari Singh, a native of Rajasthan. According to an eyewitness Girish Pai, at around 6:15 pm, he saw smoke coming out from the shop on the 1st floor of the building. He immediately informed the police on duty in the area. Within a short time, the fire brigade reached the spot and doused the fire. The damage caused due to the fire is estimated to be around Rs 30 lakh.

A case has been registered in the Bunder Police Station.

1 Comment

  1. Dear readers,

    Why there is no fire fighting system installed in the building?

    How does ‘Corporation’ and ‘Fire Department’ cleared the licence for such business. How the insurance companies cover the policy without fire system in place.

    Really, Mangalore city listed in ‘Smart city’ which is only famous for ‘moral policing’ by saffron terror?

    Jai hind

Leave a Reply