Mangaluru: Fire in Hoige Bazar Hutments Causes LPG Cylinder Blast – No Casualty

Mangaluru: Fire broke out in a cluster of hutments in Port Lane in Hoige Bazar on Friday evening, causing a loss of about Rs 3 lakh.

The hutments are occupied by migrants from Tamil Nadu who are into fishing trade. They live there all through the year except during the months when a ban is imposed on fishing.

Three huts, belonging to Janaki, Murugan and Kanaka were reduced to ruins, while another, located a distance away, was partly damaged. The loss was worsened by an LPG which blasted in the heat of the fire.

The occupants have reported that Rs 7,000 in cash, ration cards, Aadhar cards and bank documents have been charred in the fire. As all of them were out on work, there was no injury or loss of life.

The fire made for cooking in the morning in one of them may have remained smouldering and may have spread widely, said the police and the fireme

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here