Mangaluru: Fire in Storage of Fire-crackers Leads to Gas Cylinder Blast – Woman Injured

Mangaluru: A cache of fireworks in an unused bathroom in a house in Korakambla near Bajpe in the taluk on Tuesday night.

The stock exploded with a loud noise. The heat of the fire also led to the explosion of an LPG cylinder at home. A woman at home, Sahina, was injured in the blast.

The house belongs to Siraj, who supplies fireworks and related material on the occasion of bootakola, yakshagana, fairs and the like. For a few seconds the whole area is said to have been shaken.

Immediate residents, disturbed by the aftershocks and sound, came running out of their houses. The entire surroundings were filled with smoke causing breathing and visibility problems. Hence until the air was cleared no one dared to get closer.

A police team from Bajpe arrived and held investigations.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here