Mangaluru: This is the third incident of its kind to have taken place within a kilometre radius in Kadri in a month.
Leelavati S Kattige (51), a resident of Kadri, lost her 32-gm gold chain worth Rs 75,000 to snatchers near the Kadri ground on the temple road in the early hours of Sunday, May 31. She was out on her morning walk and also to bring milk from the booth around 6-30 am.
As she was at the downhill in front of the Shri Krishna Seva Samiti building, two young men arrived and snatched her gold chain from her neck and sped away. She had filed a complaint at the Kadri police station. She says she has the image of the two persons etched in her mind and can identify them anytime.
The Kadri police have cautioned women against wearing expensive ornaments while walking alone in less populated areas.
Many residents have expressed surprise over the practice of senior women wearing gold while going on walk early in the morning or late in the evening. Gold prices are soaring and the evil eyes of miscreants are focused on women wearing gold on avoidable occasions. They could always go for imitation jewellery, if they must, when going for walks, they said.
These incidents have been recurring in spite of repeated media reports and caution issued by the police.
- Mangaluru: Shiva Bagh a Favourite Target for Chain-snatchers? Another Incident Proves So…
- Mangaluru: Chain of Gold-snatching Cases Continues – Another Instance in Shiva Bagh
- Mangaluru: Two More Chain-snatching Cases – When will Women Learn a Valuable Lesson?
- Udupi: Alert Senior Woman Foils Chain-snatching Bid in Heart of City
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching Incidents Continue in City – Woman Loses Gold Worth Rs 4.80 Lakh
- Mangaluru: Two Incidents in City Confirm an Alarming Rise in Chain-snatching Activity
- Mangaluru: Bikers Wanted to Know the Way, but Snatched Woman’s Chain away!
- Moodbidri: Gold Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh Snatched from Woman on Way to Gantalkatte Church
- Mangaluru: Now it’s a Male’s Turn to be Target of Chain-snatching!
- Mangaluru: Woman’s Chain Snatched while Sweeping Yard in Souterpet
- Puttur: Two Incidents of Chain-snatching in a Day – Same Culprits Likely
- Kinnigoli: Woman Loses 32 Gms Piece of Chain to Snatchers near Pakshikere
- Mangalore: Homemaker’s Gold Chain Snatched on Pretext of Asking for Water
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus at Bhatrakodi Loses Chain Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Senior Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched from River Bank in Adyar
- Karkala: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 1 Lakh to Snatcher in Anekere
- Manipal: Chain Snatched from Woman at Anant Nagar while on Morning Walk
- Bantwal: Woman on Way to Loreto Church Loses 7 Sovereign Gold to Bike-riding Snatchers
- Sullia: Chain Snatched from Lonely Woman by Young Man Riding Bike at Adkar
- Mangalore: Chain-snatchers Continue to Rule – Pedestrian Woman of 84 Loses Gold
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus in Pandeshwar Loses Chain to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Chain of Gold-snatching Incidents Appears Never-ending!
- Mangalore: Chain-snatchers Strike again – Woman Loses Gold at Mathadakani
- Mangalore: Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched by Bikers in Vas Lane
- Moodbidri: Another Incident of Chain-snatching in Broad Daylight
- Udupi: Woman from Pernal Loses Rs 1.5 Lakh Gold Chains to Snatchers
- Kundapur: Bike-riding Duo Snatches Gold Chain from Woman
- Mangalore: Woman’s Chain
Snatched while Walking in Suvarna Lane
- Mangalore: Chain-snatching
Incident in Valencia – Value Rs 1.30 Lakh
- Mangalore: More Chain-
snatching Incidents in City
- Mangalore: ‘Chain’ of Gold-snatching Cases at Secluded Places Continues
- Udupi: Gold Chains Worth Rs 1.4 Lakh Snatched from Woman
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher with Past Record Nabbed by Hebri Police
- Udupi: Man Involved in Kadabettu Chain-snatching
Arrested at Shirva
- Udupi: Cash and Ornaments Snatched from Woman’s Vanity Bag
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher Caught by Public at Volakkad
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Caught on Spot by Public
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Duo Arrested during Vehicle Check