“Whether one is a Hindu or a Muslim or a Christian, how you live your life is proof that you are or not fully His. We cannot condemn or judge or pass words that will hurt people. We don’t know in what way God is appearing to that soul and what God is drawing that soul to; therefore, who are we to condemn anybody?” – Mother Teresa
Mangaluru: Over the past years, Mangalorean.com has saved many lives, picked destitutes from the streets and shifted them to the Wenlock hospital and Destitute homes. Having known the service rendered by Team Mangalorean, people call them for help in dealing with such situations.
On September 3, around 6:26 pm, mangalorean.com received a call from a woman about an old man who appeared to have been abandoned by his family, and was lying in a painful condition near Pumpwell circle.
Our correspondent immediately reached the spot, and was relieved to find that the person was still alive. On being checked, the old man was shivering with high temperature. Immediately the 108 ambulance service was called. The ambulance reached the spot in about 25 minutes.
Speaking to mangalorean.com, Sharmila Tejpal who called our correspondent said that she saw the old man sitting there at 2:30 pm and had a feeling that he was not well, and therefore badly needed help. She appealed to several youth in the area to help her in shifting him to the hospital but no one gave any favourable response.
She kept on trying to phone others, seeking their help in rescuing the old man. Finally she called her cousin in Ashok Nagar who advised her to call mangalorean.com.
Accordingly she contacted this website. Sharmila further said that on an earlier occasion like this, she had called the ambulance, on account of which she had to face a lot of hardships. This experience, said she, made her hesitate a bit.
Sharmila said that if she had happened to get the contact of mangalorean.com, the poor man would not have had to suffer for such a long time. She felt happy that it was a case of better late than never.
The man could get timely help and survive, instead of dying on the road unattended and uncared for. She credited mangalorean.com for its timely, humanitarian act of saving a life by getting him shifted to a hospital as swiftly as possible.
The paramedics in the ambulance did a wonderful job by shifting him into their vehicle and taking him to the hospital. A special mention should be made of the extraordinary interest shown by health minister U T Khader in pressing into service additional ambulances which have been very helpful to the citizens by responding quickly to distress calls.
The traffic and Kankanady police personnel too deserve a big pat on their back for their quick response and assistance.
Without meaning any offence, it has to be pointed out that in situations like this, the attitude of the public, in general, is not very inspiring. A very handful of people take the initiative of helping persons in distress.
Maybe a thought that some day one among us too could be in the same situation help change the mindset and attitude.
Mangaluru: Mangalorean.com rescued yet another woman from Urva stores, here on September 4.
At around 9:15 am, our correspondent received another call from a woman saying that a woman is sitting on the road median without proper clothing. Team mangalorean reached the spot immediately after passing the information to White Doves. The White Doves team also arrived at the spot and took the woman to their destitute home at Mannagudda with her belongings.
White Doves has been picking up destitutes from the streets, rehabilitating and uniting them with their families since many years now. So far White doves has reunited 73, with their families
- Karkala: Karnataka Mahila Award Conferred on Violet Pereira During Beladingala Sahitya Sammelana
- Mangaluru: Give Me A High-Five Violet-Ma’am for being Recipient of Rajyotsava Photography Award
- Mangaluru: District Administration Felicitates 30 Achievers on Rajyotsava
- Mangalore: Violet Pereira of mangalorean.com, Balepuni Among 30 district-level Rajyotsava Awardees
- Mangalore: Fatima Education Trust Reaches out to Two Needy Students
- Mangalore: Reality Check: An Ordinary Mishap, but Many Issues that Cropped up
- Mangalore: Lucky Escape for Dog & his Master While a Speeding Bus Hits Their Vehicle
- Mangalore: Woman with Child Found Drunk near Central Railway Station – Both Rescued
- Mangalore: Human Life has No Value – Man Left to Die near Railway Station, How Sad!
- Mangalore: White Doves’ Relief to Man in Agony of Old Age and Abandonment
- Mangalore: White Doves Need Help to Trace Geeta Thapa’s Folks in Nepal
- Mangalore: Geeta Thapa Reunites with Family in Nepal, Courtesy White Doves
- Mangalorean.com 11 Years Old Today! Changing the Face of Journalism in Coastal District and Beyond
- Mangalore: Fond Memories and Accomplishments Mark Mangalorean.com Decennial
- Mangalore: ‘Continue Uniting Humans and Hearts’ – Leaders Laud Mangalorean.com