Mangaluru: Following the murder of two inmates within the jail premises here on Monday, safety measures are being taken under the guidance of the top brass of the prison officials from the state level.
Sixteen undertrials have been moved to five different jails in the state – Mysuru, Dharwad, Belagavi, Kalaburagi and Ballari. IGP prisons A V Ananta Reddy has been camping in the city and he, with his team, is going into all aspects that have caused constant trouble in the jail premises here.
Prima facie, the killings were pre-planned. Outside elements involved, possible security lapses and shortfalls in the management of the jail and all other related matters are being investigated.
How weapons could be smuggled into the premises is the main issue they have on hand. The fact that the body of slain Madoor Yusuf aka Isubu bore 40 stabbing marks showed clear signs of in-house rivalry and a deep conspiracy.
Initial reports said that Yusuf was finished off first. In retaliation, his enraged supporters in the jail inflicted fatal injuries on Ganesh Shetty with tiles and wooden tile supports from the roofs, which had been dismantled from the old jail premises and which were lying around.
- Mangaluru: No FIR Registered Against Jail Staff in Madoor Isubu Murder Case – PUCL
- Mangaluru: A Day after Senior Cops’ Visit, Jail Raid Unearths Knives, Mobiles, Accessories
- Mangaluru: That’s Not Smart- To have Trees Branches Hanging Close to City Prison Wall
- Mangaluru: Five Booked in Madoor Isubu Murder Case – ADGP Alok Mohan
- Mangaluru: DKWJU Stages Protest Against Assault on Mediapersons
- Mangaluru: Inmate alleges threat to life, ADGP Kamal Panth Visits Sub Jail
- Mangaluru: Family Members of Isubu Madoor Demand Compensation
- Mangaluru: 2 Inmates Die in Major clash in Sub Jail