Mangaluru: The launching of the Manipal Ambulance Response Service (MARS) will be held on June 26 at KMC hospital premises, Ambedkar Circle, said the Medical superintendent KMC Anand Venugopal in a press meet held at Hotel Maharaja, Bunts Hostel here on June 24.
Addressing the mediapersons Anand Venugopal said, “KMC hospital part of Manipal Health Enterprises-South India’s largest healthcare chain today announced the launch of its wide network of ambulance service Manipal Ambulance Response Service (MARS) and an emergency number 0824 2222 227 that will address all clinical exigencies and play a crucial role in saving lives. The official inauguration will be rolled out on Friday, June 26, in the presence of Health Minister of Karnataka – U T Khader, Uday M Nayak Assistant Commissioner of Police-Traffic and Dr Sharanappa -Superintendent of Police.
MARS will provide a total monitored patient transportation during an emergency. This service will help community at large to save precious life during ‘golden hour’. In case of any medical distress or emergency the number, patients can dial the number-2222 227 and their criticality will be addressed at the shortest period of time by trained medical representatives from KMC Hospitals.
Additionally, besides MARS launch (of 4 ambulances), KMC will partner with 13 other ambulances in different regions like Chikamangaluru, Madikeri, Uddane, Kumble, Kasargod, Khanangad, Pariyaram, Thaliparamba, Kannur etc and also intend to add more ambulances under the service called MARS connect.
The centralized 24 X 7 Call center and well-trained Emergency Response Centre Physicians will attend the emergency calls and attend to it accordingly. All the ambulance drivers will be trained on Basic Life Support programs to manage Adult and Pediatric Emergency. Equipped with Air-conditioner and Advanced Cardiac Life Support, patients now can have their treatment started in the ambulance itself, even before reaching the medical destination.
“During medical emergency, time plays a very crucial role. Swift action and precise treatment even during the patient’s transit is of utmost importance and enhances outcomes. MARS- Complete Medical Emergency Solutions offers the most advanced comprehensive service and transportation during medical emergency. ALS & BLS Ambulances will be stationed at crucial junctions in the city 24/7 and attend to the patients in distress” said Dr. Anand Venugopal
“This clinical service has been added to enhance patient centricity which is one of our novelties. MARS will help us cater the patients better with added medical services as equipped in the ambulance itself. The emergency number will not only give out directions in handling the initial criticality but also provide that extra bit of time before the person is exported to our world-class emergency service,” said Saghir Siddiqui, Unit Head, KMC Hospitals.
What makes MARS different?
- Centralised 24 X 7 Call centre and well-trained doctors advising EMTs
- Handholding callers/attenders/patient relatives by the emergency medical technician (EMT) or Call centre
- EMT’s/Drivers trained on BLS (Basic Life Support) to manage Adult, Pediatric and Neonatal Emergency
- Fully Air-conditioned well equipped ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Ambulances and BLS Ambulances
- ACLS Ambulances are equipped with critical lifesaving equipment like Ventilator/Deﬁbrillator/Syringe pump and critical medicines
- BLS Ambulances ﬁtted with Multi-para Monitors with inbuilt ECG machines/Suction Apparatus /Glucometer etc for monitoring patient condition
- Ambulances equipped with central monitoring system to relay images on patient condition direct to Emergency Response Center
- critical patients doctors will be sent at the scene of emergency if required.