Puttur: Fruit-vendor-cum-literacy-promoter Harekala Hajabba poured forth feelings from his heart as a special guest at the silver jubilee celebrations of the Indraprastha school in Uppinangady last week.
He inaugurated the cultural programme of the high school and higher primary school by beating the traditional drum.
Speaking thereafter, he repeated his philosophy that education, which he had been deprived of in his childhood, should reach everyone.
It has been his earnest dream that no one should suffer his fate, but, instead, he would like to see everyone attain literacy, he further said.
Dr Sundar Kenaje, who was the chief guest, honoured Hajabba for his fervour in promoting education and his achievements in the process.
The function was presided over by principal of the institution, Ravindra D. Vice principal Evelyn Pais welcomed the gathering.
Students Santosh and Amogha compered the programme and Tejaswi thanked everyone for the success of the progrmme.
- Mangaluru: Ahead of Bahrain Tour, Hajabba Suffers Health Issues, Hospitalized
- Mangaluru: Harekala Hajabba Hospitalized – Uncertainty Looms over Proposed Trip to UAE
- Mangalore: A ‘Classy’ Act – DC Motivates Students with Lessons at Hajabba’s School
- Bangalore: Harekala Hajabba among Rajyotsava Award Recipients
- Mangalore: Mangalorean.com Award Presented to Harekala Hajabba
- Mangalore: Book on Harekala Hajabba, Torch-bearer of Literacy, Released
- Bangalore: Hajabba Gets the Fruit of his Labour
- Bangalore: Hajabba the Fruit-seller with a Basketful of Dreams Feted
- Mangalore: The Illiterate who Provided Education to 126 Children