Mangaluru: Yet another of the accused in the stripping and assault case of a youth in Attavar has been arrested by the Pandeshwar police here, on October 4.
The arrested has been identified as Uddesh (30), a resident of Vaidyanath Nagar, Attavar.
On August 24, Hindu activists tied Shakir to an electric pole and assaulted him after he was stripped. By arresting Uddesh, the number of arrested in the case including Uddesh have reached 16. They are: Santosh Poojary, Abhiram, Kiran, Praveen, Bhujanga Shetty, Chandrakanth Rao, Ghanasham Acharya, Dhanush, Mutthuraj, Kishan, Naveen, Vivek, Kiran Kumar, Padmanabha, Vijay and Uddesh.
- Mangaluru: Stripping and Assault of Youth at Attavar – Another Accused Arrested
- Mangaluru: 13 persons in Shakir Assault case Sent to 10 days Judicial Custody to Bellary
- Mangaluru: MLA J R Lobo Visits Attavar Assault Victim Shakir, Assures Justice
- Mangaluru: 15 Hindu Activists detained for Stripping and Assaulting Youth
- Mangaluru: Youth Thrashed by Hindu Activists for Accompanying Girl in Car
- Mangaluru: Stripping and Assault Case at Attavar – Another Accused Arrested
- Mangaluru: DYFI Demands Arrest of Sharan Pumpwell in Attavar Assault Case
- Mangaluru: Muslim Central Committee Demands Justice to Shakir