Mangaluru: On receiving an order of transfer to Vijayapura (formerly Bijapur), Mangaluru City Corporation commissioner Hephsiba Rani Korlapati IAS handed the charge to joint commissioner Gokuldas Nayak late evening on Monday.
She had taken over as commissioner at the turn of the year. While a large number of citizens felt that she was doing a fine job with a transparent style of functioning, a section of the corporators were unhappy that developmental works were being hampered because of proper verification by her.
There was also an allegation that the contractors’ lobby worked through some corporators to ensure that she was shunted out so that they path would be smooth.
News of Shivamogga commissioner Ravi taking over the post here was around earlier. But the latest report has ruled out his taking charge.
Sources at the MCC said that the developments that have taken place relating to the post of the MCC commissioner in the past two years might discourage any honest person from taking over here in the city.
- With Transfer of a Strict Commissioner, Will MCC Once Again Become ‘M-angaluru C-orrupt C-entre’?
- Mangaluru: Was Poojary Sleeping When Hephsiba was Transferred? Monappa Bhandary
- Mangaluru: Appointed Officers Should Work for the Development of the City – Ramanath Rai
- Let’s Support Honest Govt Officers-One Among Them is MCC Commissioner HR Korlapati
- Mangaluru: Efforts by Some Councillors to Transfer MCC Commissioner Hephsiba Rani Pay off