Mangaluru: Wedding Guests in Brief Panic as Sudden Fire Breaks out near Kadri Park

Mangaluru: Hundreds of guests had gathered to take part in a wedding ceremony in a hall near the Kadri park around Sunday noon.

The atmosphere of celebration was disturbed for a brief period with a sudden fire that broke out nearby. It is suspected that the fire was caused by a passerby who may have thrown a burning cigarette or bidi on a heap of refuse and dry leaves by the side of the road.

The flames that emanated from it spread closer towards the hall in no time. Although it was not likely that the gathering would have been affected, an atmosphere of fear and panic prevailed among them for some time.

The fire service arrived from Kadri Kuntikana and extinguished it.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here