Mangaluru: More and more instances of childbirth taking place in ambulances while being taken to hospital are being reported in recent years.
This is possibly because of the common tendency among the public of not getting the mothers-to-be admitted well in advance to avoid any complications. Then if anything goes wrong, the medical fraternity is held responsible, say doctors.
In another case of this kind, Amita (28), hailing from Kantavara, who was in an advanced stage of pregnancy, was being taken to Lady Goschen hospital in Mangaluru on Thursday night.
As soon as the vehicle entered the city, she was in birth pains. With the help of staff nurse K R Susheela and pilot Santosh, the woman delivered a child, a girl, weighing 2.38 kgs.
The mother and the child were admitted to Lady Goschen hospital soon thereafter. They both are said to be in good health.
Births on wheels!
- Karkala: Another ‘Birth on Wheels’ – Salmara Woman Delivers Male Child in Ambulance
- Chikkamagaluru: In 20 Days, Five Women had ‘Express Delivery’ in a Single Ambulance!
- Madikeri: Bumpy Road Effect – Woman Gives Birth in Autorickshaw
- Mangalore: Another Childbirth in Ambulance – Mother, Infant in Good Health
- Mangalore: Bajpe Woman Delivers Girl Child in Ambulance on Way to Hospital
- Moodbidri: Woman Gives Birth to Child in Ambulance in Transit
- Mangalore: Ambulance Staff Successfully Handles Childbirth while in Transit
- Karkala: Yet Another Birth on Wheels – Woman Delivers in 108 Ambulance
- Udupi: ‘Express Delivery’ in Ambulance for Woman in Late Stage of Pregnancy
- Beltangady: Twins Born to Woman while being Shifted in Ambulance
- Puttur: Yet Another Childbirth on Wheels – Commendable Job by Ambulance Staff
- Woman from Kadaba Delivers Child in 108 Ambulance – Both Healthy
- Puttur: Twins Born in 108 Ambulance on Way to Hospital
- Sullia: Thanks to Bumpy Roads, Woman Gives Birth to Child in Autorickshaw
- Karkala: Woman Gives Birth to Child in Ambulance on Way to Hospital
- Kundapur: Woman from Byndoor has Childbirth in 108 Ambulance
- Mangalore: Safe Childbirth in Ambulance for Woman from Mudipu
- Puttur: Woman Gives Birth in Ambulance, Fifth for the Vehicle
- Puttur: ‘Express’ Delivery in Bus for Lucky Woman after Sari Fest