Mangaluru: Irene D’Cunha from the city, who maintains an account at the Hampankatta branch of Bank of Baroda, has filed a complaint at the Bunder police station regarding fraudulent withdrawal of amount from it.
On June 13, she received three messages on her mobile phone informing her of debits totalling Rs 24,041-31 against purchases she never did. She immediately called the toll-free customer care centre and informed them of the matter.
On June 15, she visited the bank to enquire about the matter. She found that some miscreants had purchased goods and the amount was transferred through the Internet, possibly by cloning her debit card.
She has requested the police to track down the miscreants with the help of the cyber cell.
- Mangaluru: Medical Student’s Bank Account Hacked and Rs 43,000 Siphoned off
- Mangaluru: Malaysian Medical Student Loses Rs 1.18 Lakh in Debit Card Closing Fraud
- Bantwal: Getting Wiser from Others’ Experience – Attempt to Hack ATM Card Account Dodged
- Bengaluru: Latest Victim of ATM Card Trickery is None Other Than State’s Police Chief Himself!
- Karkala: Man Tricked into Revealing ATM PIN – Amount Withdrawn from Account
- Mangalore: Scam Alert – Don’t Fall into ‘Phishing’ Net and Lose Hard-earned Money!
- Mangaluru: Man from Maroli Falls for ATM Card Change Trap, Loses Rs 25,000
- Mangalore: Suratakal Bank Customer Duped of Rs 37,325 by Hacking Debit Card in Spain!