Manipal: Amrut Venkat Iyer, a student of Manipal Institute of Technology here, hailing from Chennai, has filed a complaint at the police station regarding a fraudulent withdrawal of money from his account.
He has stated that the amount has been withdrawn from an ATM in Nellore in Andhra. Curiously enough, such withdrawals take place after the account-holders are tricked into revealing their card numbers and passwords.
But in this case, he had not received any call or SMS. This gives rise to fears that more advanced technology is being used conmen to withdraw amounts from others’ bank accounts.
- Mangaluru: Medical Student Loses Rs 14,000 in Fraudulent Internet Bank Withdrawal
- Mangaluru: Account-holder Loses Rs 18,000 in ATM Card Trickery
- Mangaluru: Malaysian Medical Student Loses Rs 1.18 Lakh in Debit Card Cloning Fraud
- Bantwal: Getting Wiser from Others’ Experience – Attempt to Hack ATM Card Account Dodged
- Bengaluru: Latest Victim of ATM Card Trickery is None Other Than State’s Police Chief Himself!
- Karkala: Man Tricked into Revealing ATM PIN – Amount Withdrawn from Account
- Mangalore: Scam Alert – Don’t Fall into ‘Phishing’ Net and Lose Hard-earned Money!
- Mangaluru: Man from Maroli Falls for ATM Card Change Trap, Loses Rs 25,000
- Mangalore: Suratakal Bank Customer Duped of Rs 37,325 by Hacking Debit Card in Spain!