Moodbidri: All India Consumer Court chairperson Devendra Jain visited the Jain Math here on Saturday.
At the Math, he was honoured by Swastishri Bhattaraka Charukirti Panditacharyavarya Swamiji. He also went around the Thousand Pillar basadi and was impressed with the grandeur of its architecture.
In admiration of the structure, he opined that each pillar of the basadi had the power to instill a feeling of peace. He also said that it represented the religious awareness and ardour that prevailed in this town and around in the 15th century.
Those present during the visit included Alva’s Education Foundation chairperson Dr M Mohan Alva, Asha Shetty of the Mangaluru consumer court, community leaders Padangadi Bhojaraj Jain, M R Ballal, Patnashetty Sudesh Kumar, Dr Padmanabha Indra, Ananya, Anadka Dinesh Kumar and others.
- Mangalore: Thousand Pillar Temple or Savira Kambada Basadi – the Major Attraction in Moodbidri
- Moodbidri: 1000-pillar Basadi’s Column of Honour Much Taller than Thought and Recorded!
- Moodbidri: Rs 35-crore Plan to Develop Thousand-pillar Basadi
- Moodbidri: Alarm over Crash of Ceiling Slab in Thousand-pillar Basadi
- Moodbidri: Thousand Pillar Basadi to be Spruced up as Tourism Destination
- Moodbidri: Tribhuvana Tilaka Choodamani Basadi Glitters Again
- Moodbidri: Tribhuvana Tilaka Choodamani Basadi Gets a New Roof