Mulki: House in Haleangady Gutted in Fire – Closure of Railway Gate Worsens Effect

Mulki: A sudden fire broke out in the house of Dawood, son of Abdul Qader-Mariamma couple, located in Indiranagar near Haleangady on Monday.

An electrical short circuit in the switchboard is suspected to have caused the fire. Valuable records, school documents, furniture, clothings, utensil and household equipment and appliances perished in the flames. Luckily enough, all members of the family had gone out and hence there was no harm to them.

Although the fire service arrived within a short time, the tenders were blocked at the Tokur railway gate on the way to Pakshikere. If they had been able to reach in time, much loss could have been reduced, said immediate neighbours.

The residents of the vicinity took upon themselves the dousing operation. Water from a catering firm’s vehicle was used to extinguish the flames. This prevented the fire from spreading to other houses.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here