Team Mangalorean - Suburban
Mangalore: Amit Kumar Shrestha (27), a student of Physiotherapy in a city college, died of electric shock at his accommodation at Morgan's Gate here on late Friday night.
He stayed on the first floor of a house and was preparing for celebrating his birthday with friends and classmates on Saturday. On Friday, he had dinner with others and later happened to come out of the accommodation around 1-30 in the early hours of Saturday. The staircase was made of steel and he slipped off it while coming down. In an attempt to support himself, by reflex, he caught hold of a live electric wire passing by. He died of electrocution on the spot.
The Pandeshwar police have registered a case and have brought to the notice of MESCOM about the line passing by close distance of the building.