Team Mangalorean - Puttur
from Vishal Nekkilady
Puttur: The negligence shown by the MESCOM personnel when it comes to the safety of life and property came to light in yet another incident at Nehru Nagar on Tuesday evening.
The cable stay of a power transformer in Nehru Nagar here had snapped and was lying loose on the ground. A bull which was grazing there happened to touch the loose cable, which moved at the top and came into contact with the high-tension overhead cable. The power flowed to the cable stay and the bull was electrocuted. It died on the spot.
The residents have complained that the cable stay was lying loose for over a week and the MESCOM had not responded to the complaints. They expressed relief that there was no danger to the lives of children and students who keep passing by.
However, on hearing about the animal's death, they arrived there and removed the cable.