Bangalore (PTI): A woman's eagerness to watch her favourite TV serial left her and three others injured in an LPG cylinder blast after she rushed to catch up with the show keeping open the stove nob resulting in gas leakage here.
60-year old Ayesha Begum had opened the stove knob to prepare tea for three boys who stay in her neighbourhood when one of them called her to come and watch the TV serial at her residence here last night, police said today.
"She went into the drawimg room, leaving the gas stove knob open. The moment she came back (after the end of the serial) and lighted the gas stove, the cylinder burst injuring all the four", police said.
All the injured had been admitted to a hospital where the condition of the woman, who sustained severe burns, was stated to be serious. The boys suffered minor burns, police said.