From Shaikh Saoud Yakoob
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: The Karnataka NRI Forum, Jeddah has announced the celebration of 'Indian National Day' in Golden Tulip hotel in Sharafiya here on May 3.
A 'double dhamaka' awaits those who love comedy and Bollywood songs. Popular comedian Rehman Khan of Comedy Circus fame and TV performer will provide non-stop entertainment. A live band from Mumbai with Bollywood playback singer Iqbal Quraishi is expect to set the stage on fire. New and evergreen Hindi film hits and folk dances will be the main attraction, besides food and refreshments.
About KNRI Forum:
KNRI forum (registered under the Karnataka Society Act reg. no. SOR / DR/302 / 2008-09) is a Jeddah-based voluntary, non-profit organization formed by NRIs belonging to Karnataka. The forum was formally inaugurated in April 2007 by the then-consul general of India Dr. Ausaf Sayeed.
Aims and Objectives:
• Look after the welfare of Kannadigas and people from Karnataka living in the Kingdom, assist Kannadigas by providing financial help, recognizing the various challenges confronting individuals and families (social challenges), issues like poverty, hunger, illiteracy, illness etc.
• To assist Kannadigas who need help to resolve their problems with local authorities in the KSA, within the framework of the rules and regulations of Saudi Arabia.
• To represent before state / union government in India, consul general and embassy of India in the KSA, on matters which benefit KNRI community in general.
• To sponsor eligible students for education by providing them with complete facility of educational requirements.
• To showcase Karnataka, its culture, opportunities in commerce, trade and Industry, education, healthcare, tourism, etc. in various platforms available in the KSA with the sole intention of branding Karnataka and generating better relationship in between the KSA and Karnataka state for the benefit of the general public of Karnataka state, and to promote / organize social, cultural programmes and other welfare activities amongst Kannadigas and the people of Karnataka living in KSA.
For more details and entry passes please contact: 050 4383424; 050 1201632; 050 3665451; 050 6672251; 055 9783092