Jeddah: The 5th annual general meeting (AGM) of Karnataka NRI Forum Jeddah was held in Seasons Restaurant auditorium, Jeddah recently. A record turnout of members and special guests got to know about the remarkable achievements made by the forum in 2011 -2012.
Mohammed Mansoor was re-elected president for the second term. Outgoing secretary Raghavendra A N presented a report with comparison in between the action plan for the year 2011-12 with the actual achievements made and handed over the portfolio to the new general secretary, Vasu Manchegowda.
Outgoing treasurer S M Jafer presented the financial report which was approved and audited by the Forum’s CAs, R K Kumar and Associates, Bangalore, and he handed over the portfolio to the new treasurer, A S Sreekanth for 2012-13. S M Jafer and J Parameshwarappa conducted the election process.
Leading singers of Jeddah Mohammed Kaleem, Mohammed Saif and Nawaz Sharief entertained the audience with melodious songs.
Earlier, president Mohammed Mansoor welcomed the audience. Vasu Manchegowda delivered a vote of thanks and Niaz Ahmed compered the program.
About KNRI Forum:
KNRI forum (registered under the Karnataka Society Act reg. no. SOR / DR/302 / 2008-09) is a Jeddah-based voluntary, non-profit organization formed by NRIs belonging to Karnataka. The forum was formally inaugurated in April 2007 by the then consul general of India Dr Ausaf Sayeed.
Aims and objectives:
• Look after the welfare of Kannadigas and people from Karnataka living in the Kingdom, assist Kannadigas by providing financial help, recognizing the various challenges confronting individuals and families like social challenges, issues like poverty, hunger, illiteracy, illness etc.
• To assist Kannadigas who need help to resolve their problems with local authorities in KSA by abiding by the rules and regulations of Saudi Arabia.
• To represent before state and Union government in India, consul general, Indian embassy in KSA, in matters which could benefit KNRI community in general.
• To sponsor eligible students for education by providing them with complete facility of educational requirements.
• To showcase Karnataka, its culture, opportunities in commerce, trade and industry, education, healthcare, tourism etc. in various platforms available in KSA with the sole intention of branding Karnataka and generating better relationship in between KSA and Karnataka state for the benefit of general public of Karnataka state. To promote or organize social, cultural programmes and other welfare activities amongst Kannadigas and the people of Karnataka living in KSA.