Toronto Oct 22, 2008: Canara world Foundation is announcing a unique programme for Mangalorean Canadians to promote cultural, religious, seminars, sports and social works programmes in 2009. This is a pilot programme initially being introduced in the Province of Ontario which will subsequently be extended to other provinces of Canada.
In the recent past many Mangalorean families have migrated to Canada from India and gulf countries. Many of these Mangaloreans were active and were involved in community activities like promoting cultural activities or other community oriented activities prior to immigrating to Canada. However, it is natural that the new immigrants lack Canadian experience, with no networking in place and find it very difficult to get into the main stream and be active in community activities here. Also, lack of mentoring makes the task even more difficult.
Under this programme Canara World Foundation Inc will extend its experience to help individuals or groups to arrange youth seminars, cultural programmes, host shows, religious events etc.
The objective is to develop several groups to:
- Spread the flavour of Mangalorean and Konkani culture.
- Enabling to host its own programmes with talents within their local community.
- Operate as satellite groups in various parts of the province and interact with each other.
- Accessible to the community members and their families in need especially in case of death and in cases of natural or man made disasters.
- Create network and help new immigrants with job and resettlement.
Canara World Foundation Inc. from its resources will help:
- Arrange with initial financing
- Assist in selecting appropriate programmes
- Train youth and adults to participate in cultural activities
- Help in ticket sales
- Solicit Sponsors
- Arrange Legal liability and event insurance
- Share the existing base of talent and infrastructure
Canara World Foundation Inc. in addition to arranging the initial financing for these events will also underwrite any loss of these programmes within certain limits.
Canara World Foundation Inc is a non profit organisation registered with government of Canada, promoted by MaxMendes Group with a mandate to revive, promote and encourage the interest in Konkani and culture amongst the Mangalorean Canadians through various cultural activities and social programmes and to support charitable institutions in Mangalore. The profit generated from these events and programs, if any, will be sent to any charitable cause in Mangalore.
MaxMendes Group has successfully hosted several cultural shows including Wilfy Nites, Kala Saanz and other fundraising and social service programs.
Individual or groups who are interested to avail of this unique program are requested to contact Max Mendes at firstname.lastname@example.org
From the archives
Canada: Mammoth rally to protest Human Rights Violation in India
Canada: Mangaloreans Enliven Culture and Spirit at 'Canara Kala Saanz 2008'
Konkan Kalaa Saanz Enthralls M'loreans In Canada
Wilfy Nite, Canada - 2005: First Ever Wilfy Nite in American Continent