No report of Indian casualty in Turkey blast: MEA

No report of Indian casualty in Turkey blast: MEA

New Delhi, June 29 (IANS) The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Wednesday said that there were no reports of any Indian among the casualties in the attack on Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport on Tuesday evening that killed 36 people and injured over 145 others.

MEA spokesperson Vikas Swarup said that the Indian Consulate and Embassy tweeted the emergency contact numbers for Indians requiring assistance.

“No report so far of any Indian among the casualties. Consulate has been in touch with Istanbul Governorate and the Turkish Health Ministry hotline desk,” an official statement said.

“Turkish Air flights to Delhi and Mumbai departed Istanbul last (Tuesday) night as scheduled. Both left Istanbul at around 8 p.m. Ataturk Airport operations have resumed but long delays are likely,” the statement added.

The attack was carried out by three suicide bombers.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here