An open letter to the Director general CSIR
Now that the main accused in the Vinayaka Baliga murder case has been apprehended and in police custody for three days by the court, we have come to know through reliable sources that measures are afoot to see that he would be comfortably ensconced in a nursing home which has a reputation for looking well after such “patients” until he gets bail. He will be diagnosed with “renal failure” or hepatitis at the govt. hospital, since that it is a statutory requirement. Following that it will be also certified that facilities for treating the same are not available in the hospital and the “patient” will be shifted there to lead the rest of his time in judicial custody in comfort of a private nursing home. This has been the tactic used for a number of “eminent” people including stamp paper scam tainted Telgi, Satyam Raju and many such others!
“Fixing” a laboratory for Hepatitis B or C positive reports naturally comes at a price! There are many ways of doing that while arranging for such a report is one option, replacing the specimen collected with that of another patient suffering from the particular disease is another. When the specimen comes to a laboratory from outside, it is just the signature of the referring clinician on the specimen container that is taken as a certificate for the genuineness of the sample. If a container with a label and OP number of one patient is made ready in the transit between the specimen collection center and the analyzing laboratory, any thing can happen and it does happen. With a pliant clinician and the custodians turning a blind eye, one can conveniently make up a story of imminent hepatic failure!
Since “custodial interrogation” means torture without leaving any physical marks, complaint can be made about torture and a “crush injury” to muscles. This would involve invisible injuries to muscles and crushing them would cause release of myoglobin which would accumulate in the kidneys and cause renal failure! Well how do you supplement that with laboratory reports? You can either catch one which can be “fixed” or really generate laboratory findings which look like it. The clue lies in blood and urine – each has no place with the other! With the patient giving a urine sample with a few drops of blood added surreptitiously and a few drops of urine added to the blood, we can have two reports complementing each other and clinching the diagnosis of renal failure. Of course this would need treatment and if the failure is severe enough, dialysis! The govt. medical officer can certify that such facilities are not available in their establishment and recommend shifting the patient to a specialized private hospital! Once that is done, the private hospital will see to it that the patient never improves or develops further “complications” until bail is obtained! That is how many politicians facing grave charges manage to keep themselves out of prison.
Well I can predict the scenario here – the pliant jailor (of course the one at Mangalore district jail has a reputation of being quite elastic) refers the undertrial who complains of pain in the abdomen for medical treatment and the govt. medical officer generates a report of “renal failure” requiring immediate dialysis and the “sick” undertrial gets admitted to a private establishment where he can enjoy five star comforts along with his escorting police, who will be also treated well. So, all are happy. How about the cause of justice? Like all other things, that too can go to dogs!
Of course like all astrological predictions, mine also could go wrong and I do hope I will be proved wrong. But, generating such reports can be challenged before a medical board, in service medical officers can be handled by the authorities and medical practitioners indulging in such unethical practices could lose their registration and medical establishments could lose their license too! So we do hope that a healthy young man, who has been gallivanting all over the country for three months, will not develop “medical complications” suddenly once he gets apprehended. Wishing him the best of health!
On behalf of Deshapremi Sanghatanegala Okkuta, fighting for justice for Vinayak Baliga
- Baliga Murder – Family Congratulates City Police Chief
- Baliga Murder Case – Naresh Shenoy Produced in Court
- Baliga Murder Case Prime accused Naresh Shenoy arrested
- Naresh Shenoy will be Arrested Soon – Sources
- Baliga Murder – Naresh, 6 Others Chargesheeted
- Another Accused Srikanth Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Manjunath Arrested in Baliga Murder case
- Baliga Murder – Naresh Shenoy’s Close Associate in Police Custody
- Police Raid House of Vedavyas in Mannagudda in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder, DSO Holds Padayatra to Arrest Naresh Shenoy
- Anticipatory Bail for Naresh Shenoy in Baliga Murder Case Rejected
- Baliga Murder – Police to File Objection to Naresh Shenoy’s Bail
- ‘Politicians are Dumb and Mangalureans are Deaf’ – Dr Narendra Nayak
- Baliga Murder Case – Accused Shiva Arrested?
- BJP Leaders Involved in the Murder of Vinayak Baliga – Mithun Rai Baliga Murder Accused Sent to Three-day Police Custody
- ‘Lookout Notice Issued against Yuva Brigade’s Naresh Shenoy’ – Police
- ‘BJP Directly Involved in Murder of Vinayak Baliga’ – Ramanath Rai
- Has Murder Suspect Fled to Dubai? Baliga Family Expresses Fears
- CPI(M) Demands Thorough Probe into Vinayak Baliga Murder Case
- Vinayak Baliga’s Work Gains Momentum at National Level
- Nikhil Shenoy in City on Fact-finding Mission in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Police Raid House of Naresh Shenoy of Yuva Brigade
- Police Look out for Shiva and Shrikant Wanted in Baliga Murder Case
- Activists Demand Special Investigation Team in Baliga Murder Case
- Baliga Murder – Fingers Pointed at Yuva Brigade Leader
- An Open Letter to Fellow-Mangalureans on Vinayak Baliga’s Murder
- Vinayak Baliga Murder – Two Suspects Arrested
- Murder of Vinayak Baliga, RTI Activist who Fought for Justice
- RTI Activist Vinayak Baliga Hacked to Death at Kodialbail