Los Angeles, Sep 10 (IANS) The production of the sequel to 2013’s sci-fi monster action film “Pacific Rim” has been delayed until next year.
In July, director Guillermo del Toro had said the sequel to “Pacific Rim” was on a fast lane to shoot in November. However, now there are rumours that film’s production had been delayed.
The production, scheduled to take place in Toronto, would not start until next year, according to Latino Review, reports aceshowbiz.com.
To this point, there is no confirmation on the reason of the delay or what month it will begin.
However, the website said the push-back would not likely affect the August 4, 2017 release date.
“Pacific Rim 2” is considerably a long-gestating project. Del Toro was already talking about the sequel before the first movie arrived in theaters.
The follow-up was confirmed in November 2014 and seven months later del Toro said he had planned a great storyline with epic battle at the end of the movie.
The film’s producer Legendary Pictures is yet to respond to the report.