Pakistan to continue military operations against terrorists
Islamabad, Aug 9 (IANS) A day after Quetta hospital bombing left at least 72 people killed in Pakistan, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday vowed to continue military operations against terrorists.
After a meeting with Awami National Party’s legislator Ghulam Ahmad Bilour, Sharif said the military operations — Zarb-e-Azb and the National Action Plan — would continue against terrorists at all costs, News International reported.
Quetta blast, which also left more than 100 people injured, was an indication of the hate that terrorists harboured towards every institution of the state, Sharif said.
“Terrorists are attacking the pillars of the state,” he said. “They are trying to impose old, outdated ideologies on the state and society.”
A suicide bombing struck Civil Hospital in Quetta on Monday, killing 72 persons — most of them lawyers. The attack occurred when nearly 100 lawyers and some journalists had gathered at the hospital as the body of Balochistan Bar Association president Anwar Kasi, who was shot in another incident earlier in the morning, was brought to the hospital.