Pedestrian Woman’s Chain Snatched by Bike-rider in Badagubettu
Udupi: Chain-snatching incidents are continuing in spite of cautions in the media and signboards put up by the police in prominent spots.
Yet another woman lost her expensive gold chain to a miscreant on Thursday. Soumya (42), wife of Ullas Pai of Shantinagar in Badagu, walking by the side of the road leading to her locality.
A bike came from the opposite direction. The rider stopped and got out of the bike. Suddenly, he grabbed her thick gold chain with her veil and sped away.
The value of the chain is said to be Rs 1.25 lakh. A case has been registered at the Manipal police station.
It is suspected that the man had observed her wearing the gold from a distance and kept following her until she reached a deserted spot.
The police have repeated their caution, to women, in particular, not to wear expensive jewellery, while walking alone in secluded areas.
- Woman’s Chain Snatched in Bikarnakatte – Caution Thrown to Wind
- Woman’s Chain Snatched in Husband’s Presence in Bokkapatna
- Mangaluru: Never-ending ‘Chain’ of Instances – Yet Another Woman Loses Gold to Snatchers
- Mangaluru: Attempt to Snatch Woman’s Mangalsutra near Marjil School in Falnir Fails
- Mangaluru: Another Chain-snatching Incident in City, This Time at Kadri Kambla
- Mangaluru: More Snatching Incidents – Must Women Wear Gold Jewellery when Not Needed?
- Mangaluru: Senior Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched by Stranger near Kadri Toll Gate
- Kundapur: Attempt to Snatch Gold Chain Fails with Targeted Woman’s Scream
- Mangaluru: Gold Chain Worth Rs 45,000 from Child Snatched during Kudroli Temple Festival
- Puttur: School-teacher Pushed into Ditch, Gold Chain Snatched at Kanchana Bajattur
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching Spree Continues – When Will We Learn a Lesson?
- Mangaluru: Woman’s Chain Snatched While Walking on Ullal Railway Platform
- Mangaluru: Chain Snatched from Woman Waiting for Bus in the Heart of City
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching Incident Reported from Suburban Thokur
- Mangaluru: Same Old Story! Woman’s Rs 42,000-worth Gold Chain Snatched by Bike-riders
- Kundapur: Daylight Chain-snatching in Tallur and Bhatkal – Handiwork of Same Bikers?
- Mangaluru: Woman Loses 6-and-a-half Sovereign Chain to Snatcher on Vithoba Road
- Mangaluru: Asking for Drinking Water, Stranger Snatches Senior Woman’s Gold Chain
- Mangaluru: Pandeshwar Police Arrest Chain Snatcher Edwin Dinesh
- Bantwal: Bike-riders Snatch Chain from Woman, Only to Find it to be an Imitation Piece!
- Mangaluru: Shiva Bagh a Favourite Target for Chain-snatchers? Another Incident Proves So…
- Mangaluru: Chain of Gold-snatching Cases Continues – Another Instance in Shiva Bagh
- Mangaluru: Two More Chain-snatching Cases – When will Women Learn a Valuable Lesson?
- Mangaluru: Chain-snatching Incidents Continue in City – Woman Loses Gold Worth Rs 4.80 Lakh
- Mangaluru: Two Incidents in City Confirm an Alarming Rise in Chain-snatching Activity
- Mangaluru: Bikers Wanted to Know the Way, but Snatched Woman’s Chain away!
- Moodbidri: Gold Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh Snatched from Woman on Way to Gantalkatte Church
- Mangaluru: Now it’s a Male’s Turn to be Target of Chain-snatching!
- Mangaluru: Woman’s Chain Snatched while Sweeping Yard in Souterpet
- Puttur: Two Incidents of Chain-snatching in a Day – Same Culprits Likely
- Kinnigoli: Woman Loses 32 Gms Piece of Chain to Snatchers near Pakshikere
- Mangalore: Homemaker’s Gold Chain Snatched on Pretext of Asking for Water
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus at Bhatrakodi Loses Chain Worth Rs 1.50 Lakh to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Senior Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched from River Bank in Adyar
- Karkala: Woman Loses Chain Worth Rs 1 Lakh to Snatcher in Anekere
- Manipal: Chain Snatched from Woman at Anant Nagar while on Morning Walk
- Bantwal: Woman on Way to Loreto Church Loses 7 Sovereign Gold to Bike-riding Snatchers
- Sullia: Chain Snatched from Lonely Woman by Young Man Riding Bike at Adkar
- Mangalore: Chain-snatchers Continue to Rule – Pedestrian Woman of 84 Loses Gold
- Mangalore: Teacher Waiting for Bus in Pandeshwar Loses Chain to Snatchers
- Mangalore: Chain of Gold-snatching Incidents Appears Never-ending!
- Mangalore: Chain-snatchers Strike again – Woman Loses Gold at Mathadakani
- Mangalore: Woman’s Gold Chain Snatched by Bikers in Vas Lane
- Moodbidri: Another Incident of Chain-snatching in Broad Daylight
- Udupi: Woman from Pernal Loses Rs 1.5 Lakh Gold Chains to Snatchers
- Kundapur: Bike-riding Duo Snatches Gold Chain from Woman
- Mangalore: Woman’s Chain Snatched while Walking in Suvarna Lane
- Mangalore: Chain-snatching Incident in Valencia – Value Rs 1.30 Lakh
- Mangalore: More Chain-snatching Incidents in City
- Mangalore: ‘Chain’ of Gold-snatching Cases at Secluded Places Continues
- Udupi: Gold Chains Worth Rs 1.4 Lakh Snatched from Woman
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher with Past Record Nabbed by Hebri Police
- Udupi: Man Involved in Kadabettu Chain-snatching Arrested at Shirva
- Udupi: Cash and Ornaments Snatched from Woman’s Vanity Bag
- Udupi: Chain-snatcher Caught by Public at Volakkad
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Caught on Spot by Public
- Mangalore: Chain-snatcher Duo Arrested during Vehicle Check