Power Flows into Telephone Pole – Youth from Beltangady Electrocuted
Beltangady: Manohar from Berkettodi in Kaliya village met with an unexpected and unfortunate end at Gerukatte on Wednesday.
He happened to lean on a telephone pole while standing. The pole had a CCTV camera fitted on top of it, for which electric supply had been given.
Possibly because of negligence in connecting the power to the camera, the pole became a live carrier. Manohar happened to lean against it without knowledge and got severely wounded. Although he was taken to a hospital, he died soon thereafter.