Precautions being taken on every leaked Scorpene item, says Parrikar
Panaji, Sep 9 (IANS) Precautionary measures are being taken vis-a-vis information about the making of the Scorpene submarines which is said to have been leaked by an Australian newspaper last month, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Friday.
“We have considered that every item they are claiming as leaked and (are) taking precautions. I can’t tell you what precaution I will take. I can only tell you that be assured, that we have taken all precautions,” he told reporters on the sidelines of the commissioning of the Indian Coast Guard offshore patrol vessel ‘Sarathi’ in Vasco town, 35 km from here.
Parrikar also said that the leak, which basically comprises of 22,000 pages outlining the details of six submarines being manufactured for the Indian Navy by the French arms manufacturing company DCNS, did not occur in a naval area.
“(The) company which is a partner, it has leaked at their place, not in the naval area,” he said.