Prince’s home set to become museum

Los Angeles, April 26 (IANS) Late singer Prince’s Paisley Park estate will become a museum.

The home of the “Purple Rain” hitmaker, who died at the age of 57 at Minnesota compound on April 21, is set to be turned into a lasting memorial for his fans to remember the music legend, reports etonline.com.

“We will turn Paisley Park into a museum in Prince’s memory. It would be for the fans. He was all about the fans, this would remember his music, which is his legacy. Prince was always private but would have wanted his music remembered,” The Sun newspaper quoted Prince’s brother-in-law Maurice Phillips as saying.

The singer’s collaborator and former lover Sheila E. shared that he had already begun work on a preservation project before he died.

“We’re hoping to make Paisley what Prince wanted it to be. He was working on it being a museum. He’s been gathering memorabilia and stuff from all the tours, like my drums and his motorcycle. There’s a hallway of his awards and things, which he really didn’t care about too much, but he displayed it for the fans because he knows that they would want to see it,” Shiela said.

Prince’s empire left in chaos?

Los Angeles, April 26 (IANS) Late singer Prince’s business empire has reportedly been left in chaos.

The singer, who was found dead at his Paisley Park estate on April 21, had a habit of firing his advisors, especially if he didn’t agree with what they had to say, reports tmz.com.

The “Let’s go crazy” singer, who died at the age of 57, also “lacked high-powered attorneys” who had the experience to successfully handle business dealings and a musical catalogue like his.

Prince’s sister Tyka Nelson has been handling his affairs since his death, but even senior officials at Warner Bros Music are currently unsure of where the rights to his songs will go.

Though it has been reported the “Diamonds and pearls” hitmaker left a fortune of $300 million, according to insiders, it is probably closer to half that figure.

‘Princess Diaries 3’ close to being announced

Los Angeles, April 26 (IANS) Director Garry Marshall has hinted that Disney has moved forward with the third instalment of the 2001 film “Princess Diaries”.

After revealing last month that he and actress Anne Hathaway talked about making the third “Princess Diaries” film, Marshall said he also held meetings with actress Julie Andrews regarding the third instalment, reports aceshowbiz.com.

“Disney always likes to announce things, so they tell (me), ‘Shut up, we’ll announce it.’ I work for Disney, I love working for them,” Marshall said during a recent interview with Larry King.

“(Anne Hathaway) came to my office, she was quite pregnant — now she has had the kid, but she comes in pregnant — she puts her computer on the table, pushes three buttons, it’s Julie Andrews on Skype in Long Island. And we have a meeting,” he continued while adding, “This is how we work. So I hope they do it”.

The first “Princess Diaries” movie was based on Hathaway’s character Mia Thermopolis who had just found out that she is the heir to the throne of small country named Genovia.

With the help of her grandmother, Queen Clarisse Renaldi (Andrews), she was trained to become a real princess. The sequel, which released in 2014, saw Mia being primed for an arranged marriage to an English suitor.

Jaime Lannister is a romantic: Coster-Waldau

Los Angeles, April 26 (IANS) Actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who stars as Jaime Lannister on “Game of Thrones”, says his character on the hit HBO fantasy drama TV series is a “romantic”.

In an appearance on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert”, Coster-Waldau spoke about his character in the series and strong female following of the show.

“Yes, I think he is a romantic,” Coster-Waldau told Colbert on the show.

On being asked by Colbert if he thinks Lannister is a bad guy or a good guy, Coster-Waldau said: “I don’t think he is either or…”

“What is interesting about Jaime is the first time we see him, he has this very intimate relation with his sister and then this kid comes in and he pushes him out the window while he says, ‘The things I do for love’ which I found was really interesting and I was like, ‘Wow that’s sold, it’s beyond dark,” he added.

“But then later you find out, well he tried to kill this kid. You shouldn’t do that. But what if the choice is either I kill this kid or my own kids die. Then suddenly it’s not easy anymore and that’s probably why he did it”.

Colbert asked Coster-Waldau if he is surprised that so many women watch the TV series as it has huge female audience, to which the Danish actor said: “The women on the show are amazing”.

Pointing to his on-screen sister Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey), Brienne of Tarth (Gwendoline Christie), and Lady Olenna (Diana Rigg), Coster-Waldau said: “They’re very, very strong, powerful women as women are. They’re not just the wife applauding her husband. They’re taking control”.

To this Colbert said: “This show is a breakthrough because they get to chop-up people and do horrible things.”

The season six of “Game of Thrones” premieres in India on Tuesday on Star World Premiere HD.

Beyonce hints Jay Z cheated on her

Los Angeles, April 26 (IANS) Singer Beyoncé Knowles has seemingly hinted in her new album “Lemonade” that her husband and rapper Jay Z has cheated on her.

The 34-year-old singer has seemingly hit out at her husband — whom she married in 2009 and with whom she has four-year-old daughter Blue Ivy — in her new video “Lemonade” for allegedly committing an adultery offence, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

In the clip, which sees the couple cuddling up to one another, she sings: “Looking at my watch he should have been home. I regret the day I put that ring on”.

To add even more fuel to the fire, Knowles sang: “My daddy warned me about men like you cause every promise, don’t work out that way. Nothing seems to hurt like the smile on your face”, before hinting that the 46-year-old rapper had got down and dirty with a mystery woman called Becky with “good hair” behind her back.

Kate Hudson’s star-studded birthday bash

Los Angeles, April 26 (IANS) Actress Kate Hudson celebrated turning 37 over the weekend with a “hot mess” wedding-themed bash along with celebrities like Demi Moore, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Naomi Campbell.

The actress didn’t hold back for her big day, rocking a veil, barely-there lace crop top and fishnet tights, reports etonline.com.

Hudson’s celebrity guests also dressed up for the occasion with Huntington-Whiteley and Poppy Delevingne, both donning white hats and veils, and Moore, Rumer Willis, and Campbell who all donned white ensembles and posed for photographs together.

“It was some night… Love you guys,” she wrote on Instagram with an image from the party.

Other stars in attendance included Gwyneth Paltrow and her current boyfriend, Brad Falchuk, stylist Rachel Zoe, and Hudson’s brother Oliver Hudson.

Leave a Reply