Puttur: Officials of the child welfare department stalled yet another child marriage that was to take place in Mani in Bantwal taluk earlier this week.
A 15-year-old girl from Bolladi in Olamogru village in the taluk had been engaged to be married to a young man from Uppinangady. Both the families were making arrangements to hold the marriage to be held in an auditorium near Mani.
The child development project officer (CDPO) from Puttur received a tip-off about the illegal marriage. The officials from the department traced the birth records from a nearby school and decided to intervene.
They visited the house of the girl and convinced them of the legal consequences and prevented the marriage from taking place.
- Puttur: 19-year-old Boy’s Marriage Stalled in Koila – Officials Issue Warning
- Sullia: Child Dept Officials Stop Two Underage Marriages from being Held
- Puttur: Another Instance of Child Marriage Stalled by Officials
- Moodbidri: Officials Prevent Marriage of Minor Girl at Marpadi
- Puttur: Officials Intervene to Stop Underage Girl from Getting Engaged to be Married
- Mangalore: Timely Intervention by CWC Stops Marriage of Underage Girl
- Puttur: Officials’ Timely Intervention Stops Marriage of Yet Another Underage Girl
- Dharmasthala: Marriage of Minor Girl from Hassan Halted in Time – Parents Warned
- Sullia: Officials Stall Underage Girl’s Marriage, Order Families to Wait for 4 Months!
- Puttur: Officials Act in Time and Stall Attempt to Give away Minor Girl in Marriage