New York, Feb 10 (IANS) Rapper DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, faced a serious health scare when he fell unconscious in the parking lot of a hotel here.
The incident took place on Monday when Simmons stopped breathing and didn’t have a pulse when police were called, reports tmz.com.
The officers quickly administered CPR on arriving at the scene and gave the rapper Narcan which is usually used as an antidote for narcotic drug overdose. His pulse returned a minute later. He was taken to hospital and is now in stable condition.
“This was an excellent job by the officers and they definitely saved the life,” an officer said without naming the rapper.
“They found him in a lifeless condition with no breathing. They were able to bring back some breathing,” the officer added.
An eyewitness claimed Simmons “ingested” a powder before he collapsed but he later denied allegations that he took drugs. He said he had shortness of breath after suffering bronchitis for a couple of days and asked for his inhaler before he fainted.