Rejected Atletico offer to buy Sandro: Porto president

Porto (Portugal) (IANS) Porto president Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa has rejected an offer by Spanish football club Atletico Madrid over the summer to buy Brazilian defender Alex Sandro for 30 million euros.

Pinto da Costa justified his decision on Tuesday by the high-priced termination clause of 50 million euros as well as the refusal of Atletico to sell Spanish midfielder Oliver Torres Munoz, reports Efe.

The Porto president explained that he told players who want to go to Madrid could leave and players who want to join Porto could come.

Da Costa pointed out that Oliver wanted to join the Portuguese side and talked to his coach about it almost every day, but the Spanish side did not let him go.

The young Spanish midfielder, who played with the ‘Dragons’ on loan last year, was offered by Atletico Madrid to join the Portuguese side within the transfer of Colombian Jackson Martinez, but Argentine coach Simeone refused the deal, Costa said.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here