Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru
Empowering Young Minds
The Institution was established under the aegis of Bhandary Foundation. It is affiliated to VTU, Belagavi and is approved by the Government of Karnataka, and All India Council of Technical Education – AICTE, New Delhi. The college is ISO 9001-2008 certified from TUV Nord, Germany and has obtained the International Accreditation Organization (IAO) candidate stature.
The campus holds 5.00 lakhs sqft built-up space, excellent Infrastructure, aesthetically constructed in the courtyard style. Very spacious classrooms with good ventilation, and audio video facility is provided. Well-equipped laboratories, corporate incubation centres, spacious library, seminar halls, an auditorium with all modern acoustic facilities, state-of-the-art cafeteria, well developed sports facility and ample open space for group learning.
Bachelor of Engineering – B.E.
Post Graduate and PhD’s
Part time M. Tech by VTU.
The eco-friendly picturesque campus is spread across 30 acres of land situated on the banks of the River Nethravathi and is adjacent to Mangalore-Bangalore National Highway NH 75 (old NH-48). It is located at a distance of 7 km from the port city of Mangalore, a popular education hub. It is well connected by road, air and train to all the major cities of India. The nearest railway station is at Mangalore Junction – 4 km., nearest airport is at Bajpe – 16 km., distance from Central Bus Terminal – 10 km. The Campus is rightly named ‘Sahyadri,’ which means, the Western Ghats, and is surrounded by green hills and river.
- Indian Institution of Information Technology – IIIT, Allahabad
- Ghent University
- University of St. Louis, US
- University of Pardubice
- Mangalore University for collaborative Research & Development, Education & Training
- The institution is privileged to be the first college in Karnataka to get the
Microsoft’s prestigious Platinum Ed-vantage Academic Alliance
- INTEL- Intelligent Systems Laboratory set up by FICE
- Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce & Industries (FKCCI)
- iWave Systems Technologies, Bengaluru
- National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) to develop new entrepreneurs
- ISRO for EDUSAT Programme
- Campus Connect program by Infosys
- Robotic Lab for students developed by Entrepreneurship Club
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for academic excellence
- MoU with Rail Wheel Factory, Bangaluru
- SAP University Alliances
- Environmental Health and Safety Research & Development Centre (EHSRDC)
Achievements in Academics
In a span of just 8 years we have set several milestones and each of these achievements come with its own success stories . The team as a whole has contributed towards institutional achievements
- Comed-K Center established in the year 2009
- CET Counseling Center inaugurated by Mr. Ramdas Kamath, Vice-President, Infosys
- State level Project Competition (Shrishti) inaugurated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister
- First prize won at State Level Project Competition by Computer Engineering students
- The II year Engineering students have won the First prize in the State level Project Competition-cum-Exhibition held at Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering & Technology, Mysore
- First Prize won in National Students Space Challenge-13 held at IIT-Kharagpur
- Best Team Award in the Lunar Rover Challenge organized by team Indus, hosted by IIT, Madras
- National Level recognition for design in flying, “Boeing”, organized by IIT, Khargapur
- Sahyadri students won the First, Second and Fourth place out of five prizes in the Automotive Embedded Challenge (AEC) organized as part of the International Conference on Embedded System Automotive & Avionics held at IISc., Bengaluru
- Bagged the first three prizes in the project exhibition ”DO IT YOURSELF” organized by Kodagu, Dakshina Kannada and Udupi Engineer’s Association
- Sahyadrian as Google Brand Ambassador for the year 2014 -15.
Sahyadri Initiatives and Innovation Labs
Student Project Support Scheme – SPSS: This is the first of its kind in any professional technical institution in the country. SPSS provides financial and academic support for student projects in order to improve the quality of technical education. The management has earmarked sufficient funds for student projects through the SPSS.
Fab Lab: To promote invention and research culture amongst the students, a fabrication laboratory named “Sahyadri – DREAMERS Tech Labz” is formed. The lab hosts all the tools and machineries needed to convert one’s idea into a prototype. The lab aims at product oriented research eventually helping the enthusiasts to start a start-up of their own. The focus is on the design of Quad copters, Robots and mini Aircrafts.
Hands-on Lab: The hands-on lab gives the students the opportunity to work closely on household devices. The lab also gives the students freedom to open the device , check ,question and reason out the working of the devices. Further, it gives them many opportunities to enhance their curiosity and practice the engineering practices wholeheartedly. Students will be trained in assembling computers, hardware, mobile phones, TV/LCD, etc.
Mech-Technical Lab: This lab provides infrastructure to realise the dreams of all mechanical engineers. The state-of-the-art infrastructure provides a conducive atmosphere for the engineers to excel in their field. The lab also encourages the students to participate in national and international events in order to gain vast exposure. Students will gain knowledge in the design and exploration of small machineries and all terrain vehicles.
For more information contact
Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management
Sahyadri Campus, Adyar, Mangaluru – 575007, Karnataka, INDIA
Telephone: + 91 824 2277222
For More Information visit the website : sahyadri.edu.in