New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) Forget thinking about looking fat and short in a sari. Go for lightweight fabrics and small prints as it will help you look slimmer, says an expert.
Vineet Chhajer, director, Vineet Sarees, has shared some tips on how to look slender yet stylish in a sari:
* Go for lightweight fabrics like Chiffon, Georgette and Crepe. as they stick to the body and make you look slimmer.
* Opt for small prints, motifs or lighter prints as they look elegant and pretty.
* Bigger or broader borders make you look short. For those who don’t want that, should go for slimmer borders or no border at all.
* Go for darker shades or dark monochromatic colours as they make you look slimmer and make your skin colour appear lighter.
* Draping a sari neatly ensures that you look slimmer and conceal the not-so-perfect areas. Pinning up your sari pallu in a sleek and neat manner is also another style that gives you a slim look.