Saudi Arabia rejects Bangladesh’s proposal to increase Haj quota

Dhaka, June 9 (IANS) Saudi Arabia has rejected Bangladesh’s proposal to increase the quota of Haj pilgrims, authorities said on Tuesday.

Bangladesh’s religious affairs ministry said in a statement on Tuesday that it was “continuing” its efforts to increase the quota fixed by the Saudi government last year, bdnews24.com reported.

A total of 101,758 pilgrims from Bangladesh will be able to perform Haj this year.

But online applications of aspirants exceeded the quota by around 30,000. So, Dhaka had written to Riyadh to accommodate 25,000 more pilgrims.

The ministry has asked “qualified” aspirants to complete all formalities by June 18.

The cost of government packages will be about 300,000 Bangladesh taka ($3,860) per person.

Those who will not be able to avail the government packages can go for Haj by opting for private packages offered by various Haj agencies.

The lowest price for private packages has been fixed at 296,206 Bangladesh taka.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here