Udupi: A senior citizen was electrocuted while he was cutting the branches of a tree at his residence here, on Wednesday, May 18.
The deceased has been identified as Mark Alva (70), a resident of Airody near Sasthan.
According to the police, Mark Alva was electrocuted in the afternoon when he came into contact with a TV cable while cutting the branches of a tree. He was immediately rushed to the hospital where he was declared brought dead.
A case of unnatural death has been registered in the Kota Police Station and investigation is on.
Mark Alva was an active member at his local church and was also serving as ward gurkar for the last many years. Mark Alva is survived by his wife and two daughters.