Sexual Assault Case – Reprieve for Raghaveshwara Swamiji
Bengaluru: A sessions court in the city has declared Shri Raghaveshwara Swamiji of Ramachandrapura Math not guilty of the sexual assault charges levelled by a former Ramakatha vocalist belonging to the Math’s troupe.
Judge G B Mudigoudar ruled that cited lack of evidence, discrepancies in the call details records of the accused and the plaintiff, non-matching of the DNA in the test and other grounds.
Recently the female vocalist had petitioned the high court to transfer her case since she found that it was not being conducted on a fair basis.
The high court had turned down her request while also instructing the lower court to dispose of the case within a month.
The Havyaka community members in many parts of the state celebrated the clean chit on Thursday. It is not known if the family of the vocalist will go in appeal against the sessions court ruling.
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Case – Court Orders Swamiji’s Presence in Court for Hearing
- Puttur: Witnesses in Raghaveshwara Case Allege Threat to Lives through Anonymous Letter
- Bengaluru: Charge-sheet Filed against Prominent Swamiji in Rape Case
- Mangaluru: Women’s Forums Demand Arrest of Raghaveshwara Swamiji in Sexual Assault Case
- Bengaluru: Another Woman Accuses Raghaveshwara Bharati of Sexual Abuse
- Karwar: Raghaveshwara Case – CID Team Probes at Devimane in Kitre
- Bengaluru: Number of Recusals Rises to 5 as Two More Judges Withdraw from Swamiji’s Case
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Charge against Raghaveshwara – Yet Another Judge Recuses Himself
- Bengaluru: Rape-accused Swamiji’s DNA Test Positive: Advocate General
- Bengaluru: Raghaveshwara Case – HC Orders Shastri Couple be Made Respondents
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Case – Swamiji Undergoes Medical Tests, Declines Three
- Bengaluru: Setback for Swamiji as High Court Okays Medical Test
- Bengaluru: Swamiji Granted Conditional Bail in Sexual Assault Case
- Bengaluru: Sexual Assault Case – Havyaka Forum Wants Swamiji to Voluntarily Undergo Tests
- Bengaluru: Swamiji Case: CID Questions RSS Leader Kalladka Prabhakar Bhat
- Bengaluru: Two Arrested for Slandering Shastri Couple’s Daughter in Facebook
- Bengaluru: New Twist to Singer Vs Swamiji Case with Reported Entry of Underworld Don
- New Delhi: Sexual Assault Charges against Swamiji – Women’s Commission Steps in
- Puttur: Demand for a Comprehensive Probe into Kedila Shastri Suicide Case Snowballs
- Honnavar: Amid High Drama Police Notice Issued to Raghaveshwara Bharati Swamiji
- Honnavar: Alleged Blackmail Attempt on Math’s Artistes – Shastri Couple Gets Conditional Bail
- Puttur: CID Team Arrives in Town to Probe Kedila Shyam Prasad Shastri’s Suicide
- Puttur: Case of Shastri Suicide in Kedila also Likely to be Probed by CID
- Puttur: Kedila Residents Demand Thorough Probe into Shastri’s Alleged Suicide
- Puttur: Urimajalu Ram Bhat Appeals to Havyaka Community to Maintain Restraint
- Mangalore: Threat Calls Led Shastry to End Life, Says Wife in Complaint to Police
- Mangalore: Shyam Prasad Shastry from Kedila who Shot Himself Dies in Hospital