‘Shirurians’ Family Get-together 2018 Celebrated in Dubai
UAE: It was an annual family get-together of people from Shiruru who gathered enthusiastically in Al Nahda Auditorium, Al Bustan Centre & Residence, Al Ghusais, Dubai on Friday the 11th of May, 2018. The programme scheduled from 5 pm to 10 pm was witnessed by a good number of Shirurians irrespective of any caste, creed and religion under one umbrella. It was a well-disciplined programme conducted by the Committee members with family and friends greatly applauded.
Shiruru is a small Village/hamlet in Kundapura Taluk in Udupi District of Karnataka State, India. It comes under Shiruru Panchayath. It belongs to earlier Mysore Division and is located 43 KM towards North from District head quarters Udupi and 374 KM from State capital Bangalore. The local Language is Tulu but Kannada, Konkani, Beary Bashe, Hindi And English are widely well spoken in and around Shiroor Village whose population as per the year 2011 census data is around 17432 plus.
The day’s programme started with welcome speech and later Master of Ceremony, Tousif Ansari took over the stage and ably conducted the entire programme in his own imitable style.
Chief Guest Manegar Meera Saheb, Guests Sayed Ibrahim, Mohammed Mudassir, Momin Abdul Munaf, Shiruru Association President & Manegar Abdul Raheem were invited on to the stage and honoured respectively.
Karani Ibrahim rendered the welcome speech and introduced the guests.
All the Guests spoke well on the occasion and the Chief Guest Manegar Meera Saheb also rendered a beautiful note highlighting some of the necessities to be considered for the development of Shiruru village. He also stressed that people have to come forward collectively and join hand in hand using the political leaders in the development of Shiruru which is the real need of the hour. He assured his full co-operation in this matter and said he is committed with the Association.
Krishna Billawa one of the founder members briefed on the motive and achievements of the Shiruru Association which are ongoing as follows:-
- Managing Ambulance since 2014 provided by the Late Abdul K Bashu
- Shriruru Private bridge maintenance – Supported by Shiruru Association.
- Free Mega Medical camp covering 700 patients
- Sewing machine distribution to the needy – 20 Nos under the banner of Shiruru Association
- Scholarship distribution for 1 year for GV school students (8 Students) in the year 2015-2016
- Computer donation to Government School, behind Society
- Water tank donated to High School
- Streetlight installed in some of the areas in Shiruru
Further Shiruru Association has the following agenda for this year and is aiming/planning for the following:-
- Continuing the ‘Garbage disposable’ programme – repeatedly doing for last 3 years
- Providing desalinated drinking water initiated by Late Abdul K Bashu with MP
- Change of Ambulance – Manegar Meera Saheb, assured full support for replacement
- 2nd set of 20 Nos Sewing machines will be donated and distributed by Shiruru Association
- 2 Nos of Solar Streetlight (Shiruru Pete & Market) Soura Shakti Vidyut will be installed
- A beautiful Bus Stand (Tangu Dana) will be erected and installed
- Follow up on the Bazar U-turn will be done
It was nice to see the felicitation bestowed on the retired Head Mistress T Balquees of Shiruru during the occasion. The honours were done by the Guests on the stage.
Quiz competitions were conducted and prizes distributed to the winners at the same time.
All the Sponsors of the event & active Committee Members were invited on to the stage and honoured with mementoes. Media personality Shodhan Prasad was also honoured during the event.
Sumptuous Dinner was served along with Ice Cream which was savoured by all.
Concluding the event was the vote of thanks rendered by Fayaz KB.