Simon Cowell beefs up security

Simon Cowell beefs up security

London, Oct 9 (IANS) Music mogul Simon Cowell has beefed up his own security following the robbery of reality TV personality Kim Kardashian in Paris.

The 57-year-old, is currently filming the UK version of “The X Factor” alongside Nicole Scherzinger and Sharon Osbourne, and has pledged to protect the show’s contestants at the TV studios in Wembley, north London, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

“Yeah, we are (increasing security). We are. You have to nowadays. It’s just gone a bit nuts. There’s a really dark side out there and Christ you’ve got to be careful,” Cowell told The Sun newspaper.

In December last year, Cowell was robbed while he, his partner Lauren Silverman and son Eric were asleep in their London mansion.

Earlier this week, the name of the outspoken TV personality appeared on a spreadsheet of potential victims of an alleged murderer.

“It’s the crazy world we live in.

“I opened up a newspaper and you’ve got one guy who’s in court because he’s robbed my house, second guy has murdered somebody and I’m number two or three on his list. It’s like ‘this is getting a bit nutty’,” he added.

However, Cowell also insisted he did not wish to become unduly concerned about security issues in light of recent incidents.

“At the same time you don’t want to get too paranoid. Because it is what it is. I only mentioned what I said because in terms of perspective that was about as bad as it can get yesterday. Not so much for me, but for Lauren and Eric. I’m very conscious now,” Cowell said.

Leave a Reply