Six killed in Iraq suicide bombing

Baghdad, Dec 12 (IANS) A suicide truck bomber struck a border security post in the desert of Iraq’s western province on Saturday, killing six security members and wounding 14 others, a provincial security source said.

The suicide bomber drove his explosive-laden truck into the security post and blew it up in west of the town of Nukhayb, in Anbar’s provincial capital Ramadi, the source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack, but the Islamic State militant group, in most cases, is responsible for such suicide attacks in the country.

Iraq has been witnessing some of the worst violence in years. In 2014 alone, at least 12,282 civilians were killed and 23,126 others injured, making it the deadliest year since the 2006-2007 sectarian violence, according to the UN.

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!

The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by the readers and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of www.mangalorean.com or any employee thereof. www.mangalorean.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the readers. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone.  

We request the readers to refrain from posting defamatory, inflammatory comments and not indulge in personal attacks. However, it is obligatory on the part of www.mangalorean.com to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments to the concerned authorities upon their request.

Hence we request all our readers to help us to delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by informing us at  info@mangalorean.com. Lets work together to keep the comments clean and worthful, thereby make a difference in the community.

Please enter your name here